It seems the DREAM Act is, once again, a hot topic among reporters. This can only be attributed to the amazing work of so many undocumented students and allies from all over the country: Undocumented. Unafraid. And Popular! Get it, DREAMers.
If you haven’t been following the news or missed all the DREAM Act buzz, DreamActivist has got you covered.
Top 10 #DREAMAct stories of the past week:
- Pedro Ramirez, Student Body President of Cal State Fresno is undocumented and unafraid. Read his story on the LA Times.
- Senator McCain’s campaign staffer hopes the Senator will back DREAM Act vote. Sen. McCain, your staff and even your own daughter support the bill, listen to them.
- We will not be silenced by false attacks on the DREAM Act by Sen. Sessions and friends. Sharing some truth on the Huffington Post: Attacking the American DREAM.
- Right now, students in Texas are on their 19th day of a hunger strike to urge Sen. Hutchison to support the DREAM Act. Article by Fox Latino on their amazing courage: “We’re giving up our health and body for the DREAM Act.” Enough said.
- In case you had any doubt about how much DREAMers can contribute to our country, please read this piece: I am an [Undocumented] Immigrant at Harvard.
- The Washington Post reports on last week’s ThanksDREAMing dinners held across the country.
- The Wall Street Journal endorses the DREAM Act, calling it a “worthy immigration bill.” Time to forward this to our lovely target Senators.
- Brown Professors Join Students Urging DREAM Act. We have educators and university presidents supporting the bill. Congress, get on it.
- Because ‘Juventud que no hace temblar al mundo no es juventud.’ And that is exactly what undocumented students all over California are doing; on the front page of the LA Times!
- A piece by Truthout on the efforts to stop Fredd, Steve, and Jennifer’s deportations: DREAM Act Students Defy Deportations, Demand Vote in Congress. Yeah, DREAMers are pretty much awesome.
And there you have it; the best of the best in DREAM news for the week. Stay tuned because this coming week will be extremely important! And while you’re at it, make some calls for the DREAM Act!