On Monday, November 29th, the eyes of Texas were upon Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, as the community gathered outside her San Antonio office, performing street theater, a die-in, and finally entering her office and refusing to leave until Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison agreed to support the DREAM Act.
15 people were arrested. More here.
For media inquiries, call William Wise at 210-232-5893.
For more information about Texas DREAM Activists, visit txdeclared.blogspot.com
If you want to get involved with more actions in Texas, email Flavia@dreamactivist.org
Check out Felipe Vargas, the last arrestee: http://twitpic.com/3bhyaa
Another hunger striker being led out in cuffs: http://yfrog.com/jtugllj
- Senator Hutchison Stalls As Immigrant Students Starve For a Meeting (immigration.change.org)
- Dozens of DREAMers Join Texas Hunger Strike (alternet.org)
- “DREAM Act: The Whip Count” and related posts (studentactivism.net)
- Mysa.com: Students go hungry so the dream won’t die (mysanantonio.com)
- Mysa.com: DREAM Act hunger strike spreads (mysanantonio.com)