Gov. Pawlenty was a Republican. Current Gov. is Mark Dayton, a Democrat.
US Representatives list needs update.
Also, the best org in MN for undocumented students today is: http://navigatemn.org/
List of public schools that do not charge out-state tution: http://navigatemn.org/files/process.pdf
Most updated scholarship list for undocumented students in MN: http://navigatemn.org/resources.html
Guide for MN undocumented students (other states can use it–just rates for colleges is different): http://navigatemn.org/downloadguide.php
Here is more about NAVIGATE and its resources:
facebook updates for info, events, scholarships: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Navigate-MN/169336839809963
NAVIGATE is a leadership development program for immigrant young adults in Minnesota facing financial, social and legal barriers to achieve their dreams through changing unjust systems. Through NAVIGATE, these young adults help their community and themselves by working to access college education, jobs and legal status.
NAVIGATE was created to address the growing need for resources that help immigrant students, regardless of immigration status, in Minnesota to pursue higher education. Each member of NAVIGATE brings different skills, experiences, and ideas to the organization.
We strive for fair consideration of all immigrants in pursuit of higher education. We have focused our work on addressing the lack of information and bad information that currently exists in MN schools around immigrant students’ right and means to pursue a college education.
Our team is made up of college students ranging from freshman to seniors and graduates of high schools and universities.
- Presentations to high school students, their families and educators about college access for students.
- Community service internships that develop leadership and professional skills.
- Scholarships for students who do not qualify for federal or state funding.
- Annual NAVIGATE Leadership Development and College Access for Young Immigrants in MN Conference.
- Regional Summits for Allies of MN Undocumented Students.
- A board of directors and volunteer structure led by young adults and their mentors.
- DREAMers organizing for the DREAM Act (2012)