- IDEAS continues to mobilize the UCLA community, this time targeting congressman Brad Sherman (Daily Bruin):
â€œWeâ€™ve invested in these individuals from kindergarten to 12th grade, and itâ€™s important to keep that investment in our country,â€ said Allison Clark, a second-year political science student and member of Bruin Lobby Corps.
- The Las Vegas Sun reports the economic recession has forced some U.S. citizens to become day laborers. The result? They like their immigrant counterparts.
â€œFor a long time, people have looked at day laborers and said, â€˜The problem is the immigrants.â€™ Now the economy is changing. Now people may see itâ€™s a problem of the labor market, of the rights of workers,â€ Bernabe said.
Buchanan, meanwhile, looks forward to a future that includes a steady job and an apartment. â€œIâ€™m trying to dig my way out of this,â€ he said. When he does, however, he sees himself as a changed man.
â€œBefore, I was part of the majority. Now Iâ€™m part of the minority … Iâ€™m not going to forget this. Iâ€™m not going to forget any of this.â€
- An article by Medill News Service highlights the online media movement of the DREAM Act. Lizbeth from Dream Team LA and yours truly are interviewed. Here is the Imperial Valley Press version.
- The United States Students Association has a new legislative update out, including updates on DREAM Act and the Student Aid and Financial Responsibility Act.
- North Carolina anti-immigrants continues their twisted campaign against the right to an education. The big deal? 4 out of 17,000 at the local community college are undocumented, and paying out-of -state fees! More here.