Right now the DREAM Act has 71 co-sponsors in the House and 34 co-sponsors in the Senate. We know it is a popular bill and every year we fall just a little bit short of passage. That’s why weare hoping this year we can start early and raise the profile of the DREAM Act up high.
You can plan many different actions, here are some ideas:
- Organize a petitioning day at school/college;
- Set up a table on campus or at school to pass out flyers and get postcard signatures;
- Ask your teacher for permission to do a quick 5min (or longer) presentation in class;
- Organize a movie night and discus it afterwards;
- Set-up a lobby day with your local member of congress to get them to co-sponsor;
- Organize a rally or other event;
- Make an announcement at church;
- And the list goes on . . .
If you have a good idea for an event please reply to this email so we can share it with others. What’s worked for you and your group? Not part of any group, don’t stress, we can help you come up with an event you can do by yourself or with a friend or two. RSVP for our DREAM Act Get Active call and we’ll help you plan something.
We have a lot of supplies ready to go, we have petitions you can use, postcards you can fill out, brochures you can pass out, movies you can screen and all that fun stuff. We just need your help to organize some events.