DreamACTivist.org is fully run and funded by undocumented students and supporters. We do not have a steady source of income, which is why we need your continued financial support in leading the campaign for the DREAM Act.
You can donate here or via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each $ goes a long way in supporting our cause. A recurring donation of $5 a month from each supporter can make a world of difference.
Your donations have helped us pay for advocacy efforts and lobbying for the DREAM Act.
These are some of the things we have achieved in the past five years we’ve been in operation:
- Endnow: Stop the deportations of DREAM Act students like Walter Lara, Taha and Herta Llusho, along with dozens of other cases. Created and released a guide on how to stop deportations.
- Launching The Dream is Coming project, along with the National Immigrant Youth Alliance
- Help build the 50-state coalition-building strategy for the DREAM Act by recruiting more organizers and representatives from under-represented states such as Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia and Kansas.
- Collaborating with our allies to make the DREAM Act one of the Top 10 Ideas for Change in America
- Participating with United States Students Association with the rally and lobby days in DC to bring about the introduction of the DREAM Act
- Building support for the DREAM Act – Reaching out in the promigrant blogosphere and progressive sites
- Holding and participating in workshops and teach-ins in various parts of the country
- Representing the DREAM Act in the mainstream media such as CNN, New York Times, The Associated Press, alternative media such as KPFK and even in ethnic media such as Univision.
- Reaching out using various social networking platforms such as Twitter (Over 15000 followers), and Facebook (Over 80,000 members)
What People Have Said About DreamACTivist.org – Testimonials
The success of the DREAM Act this year would be in large part due to the tireless efforts and zealous work of the folks at DREAMActivist – Graciela Gonzalez
The DreamACTivist website has proved to be a resourceful website for online social activism. Constantly updated with pertinent information for those of us who wish to work on the DREAM Act, it exhibits passion from its writers and interest from the community it supports. Please support them in their endeavors to continue to fight for an equal educational opportunity for all students. -Faby
D H Camara says â€ When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality.â€ This is what DreamACTIvist has done , to allow us to dream and act together! through DreamACTivist â€™s efforts, she has given voice to the voiceless, courage to those who are afraid to speak up for themselves and kept the fire of hope burning to the undocumented students who have been dreaming for years and years as to the day they could be free to pursue their dreams, realize their full potential and be recognized for what they are truly worth. – Nini Baesa
This amazing group works harder (and smarter) to do more good for more kids than any group Iâ€™ve ever encountered. – Phillipa
DreamActivist has not only been beneficial as a networking tool for this national student movement, but also for the organizing itself. The UCLA Alliance of DREAMs is extremely thankful for your contributions! – Emilio Lacques
This web-site is creating a buzz among one of the most difficult segments of the populationâ€“the young Hispanic population. 60-65K people a year could be helped, if the DREAM act passed. These people helped will be the leaders of our country tomorrow -Â Virgilio Perez Pascoe
DreamActivist.org deserves the grant for their amazing work in online organizing! They bring the personal stories, news updates, and petition signing all together to reach out to people from all backgrounds and experiences, creating a full-blown MOVEMENT!!! -Lucy
I found DREAMActivist.org to be an amazing resource for our DREAM students. Aside from our documentary accessing resources from DREAMActivist.org we have learned so much from their organizing efforts and have connected with students across the country. We at An Unfinished DREAM love the DREAMActivist.org site because of their dedication to social justice – Margarita Reyes
It is because of the rising power of DreamActivist that we were able to finally penetrate a major national network to speak out on the immigration debate from the undocumented student perspective. You can see this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8wg0k3kdE
Your support will strengthen the effort to turn the debate around and make it about the humane aspect of immigration policy. Thanks. – Matias
DreamActivist.org is not only a place that provides the general public with very valuable information. Itâ€™s not only a website that is utilized to both educate and mobilize youth, allies, parents, educators, entire families who seek a better life in this country, it also represents HOPE. Many have expressed how before they became aware of DreamActivist.org they had no hope to continue with their education, to continue fighting for what is right and what is valuable. Dream Activist represent the hope that there is in fact a light at the end of the tunnel. Many have been inspired to do â€œon the groundâ€ organizing and for that and more DreamActivist.org deserves to be given these funds. – Lizbeth, DREAMs to be Heard